Nancy’s Point is three years old!
Can you believe it? Sometimes I can’t believe it myself. Who would have ever thought I’d have so much to say? Actually, who would have ever thought I’d end up having breast cancer in the first place? I sure never did…
I hope you’ll bear with me for a post or two as I do a bit of reflecting and evaluating during my self-imposed “blog reflection week”.
Just for fun I thought I’d share a list of my five (out of 268!) most read posts. It’s interesting to me (and perhaps to you) that my personal favorites are not on this list. I’m always fascinated and often surprised by which posts take off and which ones um… don’t.
You readers do keep me guessing!
The Five Most Read Posts @Nancy’s Point
1. Should a Chemo Patient Shave the Hair Off and If So, When? – This one wins the number one spot hands down. It’s an early post that was really difficult to publish. Actually, it was the photo that was difficult to publish. This one continues to get lots of views, which makes me glad because, obviously, readers are welcome; but it also makes me sad because it’s more proof (like we need any) that too many are facing chemo and worrying about losing their hair. Hair loss is always a topic of interest. Always.
2. Post Chemo – How Long Do I Have to Look Like This? Again, it’s about the hair and one’s appearance. People want to read and share about this stuff. Sharing helps.
3. My Bilateral Mastectomy – Was It Just A Bad Dream? I still wish it was just a bad dream, but…
4. Does Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer Have to Feel So Lonely? I’m pleased this one is here because my mets advocacy means a great deal to me. And anyone living with mets should not have to feel alone, not completely anyway.
5. Who Should Undergo Genetic Testing for BRCA 1 and 2? Again, I’m pleased to see this one up near the top. I hope this has been a helpful piece for some who have been considering genetic testing.
In the grief category my most read post is, Does Sending a Sympathy Card Really Matter? This one was actually in the top ten posts period which was a pleasant surprise. I wasn’t even sure if it was worth publishing when I wrote it. Again, you readers keep me guessing. So maybe sending that sympathy card does matter…
So there you have it. My list of the five most read posts at Nancy’s Point thus far.
What’s been your favorite post? I know, who can remember, right? But if you can, I’d sure love to know…
What’s a favorite post YOU’VE written or read elsewhere? Feel free to share it in the comments below. Sharing favorites is fun and helps us all discover posts we’ve missed along the way!