My name is Nancy Stordahl. I am an educator, author, blogger and freelance writer. I also review products via this blog if they are relevant to breast cancer survivorship.
In 2008 my mother died from metastatic breast cancer and in April 2010 I was diagnosed with stage 2b breast cancer myself. I also learned I am brca2+. My life has been forever altered by this disease. For me there is no going back.
Through blogging I share my personal breast cancer story. I attempt to reach out to others who also find themselves dealing with cancer. My intent has always been to share candidly about all of it. Otherwise, what’s the point?
If you browse around, you will find posts on my diagnosis, chemotherapy, side effects of treatment, reconstruction process, the emotional upheaval a cancer diagnosis brings, BRCA issues, moving forward and yes, my opinions on various cancer related topics. I am not content with the state of affairs in breast cancer-land.
Being a #fearlessfriend and a #fearlessadvocate for my sisters and brothers living with metastatic disease has become a primary focus for me. I will never stop advocating for them. Check out my mets page.
I also continue to share about the life-long impact of loss.
I hope you find Nancy’s Point to be an informative, helpful, entertaining and interactive resource. I encourage comments, opinions and questions.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what you think or what you would like to read more about! You can also contact me about potential reviews, but again, they must be relevant to breast cancer survivorship for me to consider.
A few things I’ve been involved with recently:
- Guest panelist at the Living Beyond Breast Cancer 2014 Fall Conference in Philadelphia, PA
- Published my book, Getting Past the Fear: A Guide to Help You Mentally Prepare for Chemotherapy, now featured on Breastcancer.org
- Partnering with Cure Diva as an ongoing content contributor
- Featured contributor in Gai Coman’s Ebook series, Breast Cancer Survivor Secrets, Part 1 and Part 2.
- Ongoing contributing blogger for Huffington Post
- Participated in radio discussion via NPR affiliate radio call-in-talk show, “HearSay with Cathy Lewis,” on the subject of provocative breast cancer awareness campaigns/ads
- Published my memoir, Cancer Was Not a Gift & It Didn’t Make Me a Better Person: A memoir about cancer as I know it.
- Interviewed by Colleen Henry, Milwaukee ABC TV affiliate WISN 12 News reporter, about my article, “Ten Reasons the Pink Ribbon Has Lost Its Appeal”
- Have had articles published in Animal Wellness, Grief Digest and Coping with Cancer magazines