Getting Past the Fear: A Guide to Help You Mentally Prepare for Chemotherapy
Getting Past the Fear is now available in print, eBook and pdf formats and is now featured on Breastcancer.org!
You can buy the book in three formats:
1. To buy the print version on Amazon click here. To buy the print version at Barnes & Noble here. To buy the print version at CureDiva click here. To buy the print version at Someone With, click here.
2. To buy the eBook version for your Kindle or Ipad click here.
3. To get the PDF version, use the PayPal button below.
Have you also heard the words, you need chemotherapy?
Are you feeling stunned, overwhelmed and afraid?
If so, Getting Past the Fear: A Guide to Help You Mentally Prepare for Chemotherapy can help.
Why buy this book?
If you are facing chemotherapy for the first time, I want to help you get past your fear. If we can’t talk face-to-face, reading Getting Past the Fear is the next best thing.
Getting Past the Fear contains practical suggestions for getting your mind in a better place before you begin treatment. Loved ones of those beginning chemo will also find it helpful. It’s a quick and easy read with lots of useful advice.
Here are a few topics you’ll find covered:
- The importance of acknowledging your true feelings
- Tips for self-advocating
- How to cope with hair loss
- How to buy a wig
- What will the first day of chemo be like?
- What to expect during chemotherapy
- Looking forward
How to buy the PDF version of the book through PayPal
- Click the “Buy Now” button at the top of the page. It will bring you to a secure payment page in PayPal.
- Either log into your PayPal account or choose “Pay with a debit or credit card” if you do not have a PayPal account. The new cost is $5.
- Your ebook will be emailed to you in pdf format within 24 hours once PayPal notifies me of your purchase.
“Nancy Stordahl continues with her excellent service to cancer patients and their loved ones in her book, Getting Past the Fear. Simply written and always accessible, it provides a much-needed service for both patients and caregivers who will be heading into the chemo experience for the first time. Nancy demystifies what can often seem so daunting and her direct approach is both honest and supportive.”
- David Tabatsky, author, Write for Life: Communicating Your Way Through Cancer and co-author, Chicken Soup for the Soul’s The Cancer Book: 101 Stories of Courage, Support & Love
“Getting Past the Fear helped me tremendously. Before chemo I was terrified in a way I had not ever experienced – like an animal. Getting Past the Fear helped me put a more rational fence around the chemo experience. I poured over the positive suggestions and followed many of them. Looking back, I realize how helpful this book was. Thanks, Nancy.”
- Donna, cancer survivor
“Getting Past the Fear is a wealth of useful information for cancer patients and their families.”
- Niki Barr, PhD, author of Emotional Wellness: The Other Half of Treating Cancer
“This excellent must-read will be a tremendous help to those about to undergo or undergoing chemotherapy.”
- Beth Gainer, cancer survivor and author of the blog, Calling the Shots.