Print and Kindle versions available on Amazon.
If you are facing chemotherapy for the first time, I want to help you get past your fear. If we can’t talk face-to-face, reading Getting Past the Fear is the next best thing.
Getting Past the Fear contains practical suggestions for getting your mind in a better place before you begin treatment. Loved ones of those beginning chemo will also find it helpful. It’s a quick and easy read with lots of useful advice.
Here are a few topics you’ll find covered:
- The importance of acknowledging your true feelings
- Tips for self-advocating
- How to cope with hair loss
- How to buy a wig
- What will the first day of chemo be like?
- What to expect during chemotherapy
- Looking forward
Nancy Stordahl continues with her excellent service to cancer patients and their loved ones in her book, Getting Past the Fear. Simply written and always accessible, it provides a much-needed service for both patients and caregivers who will be heading into the chemo experience for the first time. Nancy demystifies what can often seem so daunting and her direct approach is both honest and supportive.
– David Tabatsky, author, Write for Life: Communicating Your Way Through Cancer and co-author, Chicken Soup for the Soul’s The Cancer Book: 101 Stories of Courage, Support & Love
Getting Past the Fear helped me tremendously. Before chemo I was terrified in a way I had not ever experienced – like an animal. Getting Past the Fear helped me put a more rational fence around the chemo experience. I poured over the positive suggestions and followed many of them. Looking back, I realize how helpful this book was. Thanks, Nancy.
– Donna, cancer survivor
Getting Past the Fear is a wealth of useful information for cancer patients and their families.
– Niki Barr, PhD, author of Emotional Wellness: The Other Half of Treating Cancer
This excellent must-read will be a tremendous help to those about to undergo or undergoing chemotherapy.
– Beth Gainer, cancer survivor and author of the blog, Calling the Shots