Last July I got the idea, no, I borrowed the idea from my Instagram friend Melissa who came up with the totally fun challenge to share fifteen random facts about herself/yourself on social media. (A little risky, I mean it’s the internet after all, but what the hell, right?) I loved Melissa’s challenge and that post I wrote was so much fun to write and share. It was even more fun to read the posts others wrote and to read comments from readers as well because it’s lovely to learn more about people you meet in the blogosphere, don’t you think? Thank you to all who joined in last time, and of course, thank you, Melissa. 🙂
So are you ready to share some more trivia about yourself? I hope so! We are all about so much more than cancer, right?
Okay, who’s in this time?
And yes, you can participate again.
So here’s my list of 15 random facts about yours truly in completely random order (I do love random-ness):
1. I am one of the most unorganized people in the world. Dear hubby would attest to this fact and yes, it drives him nuts. As hard as I try, I can’t seem to undo this quality in myself.
2. Procrastinator could just as well be my middle name. I wonder if this is related to #1. I fear it might be.
3. Finishing my memoir was one of the hardest and yet one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done.
4. I often feel like a cancer survivorship failure for lots of reasons. Undoubtedly, there’ll be another post about this at some point.
6. I support Hillary Clinton for president for many reasons one of which is after 240 years as a country led by men, it’s about time we had a woman at the helm, don’t you think? Is this playing the woman card? I say, who cares? She’s one of the most qualified candidates ever and she is a woman for crying out loud, so play the damn card.
7. I love movies – going to them at the theater, watching them on Netflix or tuning in on one of the cable movie channels.
8. Three of my favorite movies are: Little Women, the one with Winona Ryder and Christian Bale. Every single time I watch it, I want her to pick Laurie and say yes when he proposes, but she never does! Yeah, I know the other guy turns out to be her one true love, but still… Doctor Zhivago. Love the epic-ness of the story, the history angle, the scenery, the music (I had the sheet music for “Lara’s Song” at one time) and the sappy love story. To Kill a Mockingbird because, well come on, it has Gregory Peck in it and the story is impeccably told.
9. My favorite memoir is, The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls. It’s a fabulous memoir (yes, better than mine) and reading it will make your family seem pretty darn normal. Trust me, it will.
10. I am one of the most athletically challenged people on the planet. I despised gym class, was humiliated countless times and to this day thank God for my dear friends who kindly picked me to be on their teams out of the goodness of their hearts. I hate exercise, but this does not mean I don’t do it.
11. I believe quality healthcare is everyone’s right because who doesn’t deserve top-notch healthcare? There should be no disparity here. Period.
12. I love animals, except for bugs, but they’re not technically animals are they? I’m not sure. Maybe they are…
13. I have no idea how many blogs I read probably due to #1, but it’s quite a few. Still, I wish I had time to read more. And I would love to read through everyone’s archived posts. That is my idea of a great pass-time for a rainy afternoon. But then I’d never get anything else done.
14. I want to write a book about grief. And one about growing up in the 60’s. And I’d love to do a children’s picture book about dogs and cats. And a workbook for my memoir and maybe one for journaling through breast cancer chaos. And I’d like to offer an online writing or blogging “course”. So many ideas, again, there’s the #1 problem. And the #2 problem.
15. Trying new things and meeting new people is challenging for me. I’m an introvert after all. I no longer apologize for being one, but it took me decades to get to this point.
I could go on and on…
Maybe next year, right? This could be an annual thing…
And now it’s YOUR turn to share! (Bloggers and blog readers too!)
If you’re a blogger, feel free to come back to this post and link yours in with a comment, if you want to.
Now start sharing, everybody!
What’s something totally random you’re willing to share about yourself? Don’t be shy!
If you’re a blogger, will you take up this challenge?