Recently Melissa Johnson Voight, a lovely friend of mine who I met online in the Facebook group, Beyond the Pink Moon, posted 15 random facts about herself on Instagram. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about her and thought, gosh, what a great idea for a blog post. Yeah, my mind is always recording and storing ideas for things to write about. Thank you for the fun idea, Melissa.
So, in this post I am sharing 15 random things about yours truly, some of which you might know and some of which you might not. I am hoping that some of my blogging buddies will take up this “challenge” and join in. We want to learn more about you too! We are all about so much more than cancer. And of course, I never forget about my Dear Readers, so please share a few things about yourselves as well via a comment. I love getting to know you better too. Really, I do!
So here are 15 random facts about me:
1. I have three siblings. I’ve been very quiet about them on the blog because that’s the way they like it.
2. I have literally hundreds of online friends, and yes, I do consider them genuine friends, but I have very few friends I actually regularly see/interact with in person. This works just fine for me.
3. Maybe related to #2, I’m an introvert, and I no longer apologize for it or strive to be something different. It took me awhile to embrace this attribute. Why do people so often think more highly of extroverts anyway?
4. My favorite junk foods are potato chips, chocolate chip cookies and ice cream and if proper nutrition and calories were not a concern, I would eat all three of these things every single day. And preferably all at the same time. Oops, maybe I shouldn’t admit that.
5. Some TV shows I try to watch are: Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Scandal, Sherlock, True Detective, Bill Maher and Homeland. These are not listed in any order of preference; because again, this post is all about randomness.
6. I hate to exercise. Hate it! This does not mean I don’t do it. My favorite form is walking with my dogs. And Dear Hubby of course.
7. I am a total homebody. I don’t go out much, and I don’t want to unless I am going to a movie or out to dinner. Best kind of evening for me is staying home with Dear Hubby and watching Netflix, and if it’s chilly out, doing so while sitting close to a nice cozy fire. And again, if proper nutrition and calories didn’t matter, doing this while enjoying plenty of Chinese takeout as well. Followed up with ice cream.
8. I will never be done with cancer and grief and guess what? I don’t even want to be done (post on that coming at some point).
9. I can’t swim, and I am envious of those who can, like Dear Daughter who swam competitively all through high school.
10. I try hard to keep politics out of the blog, but I am a Democrat and proud of it!
11. I don’t Skype, but I have an account, so go figure… This may or may not be related to #2, but mostly it’s because I hate cameras of any sort and even more so since cancer.
12. Writing feeds my soul and when someone reads what I write and tells me it made a difference to her/him, it’s like giving my soul extra nourishment.
13. I hate domestic chores like cleaning and grocery shopping, but I don’t mind doing laundry (I told you these were random).
14. It pisses me off when teachers do not get the respect (and pay) they deserve. We need to give more than lip service support to the value of education and to those who do the educating.
15. I am hoping to get my next book published very soon (more on this to come).
So there you haved it, fifteen random facts about me. This post was super fun to write. Thank you for reading it!
Now, it’s your turn to share!
If you’re a blogger (with any focus, not just cancer) and do decide to join in this blog challenge, feel free to come back and share your post link. Or just share a couple of things right here, right now. Or do both!
Sign up for my emails/newsletters here.
What are a few random things many people don’t know about you?
What’s your favorite junk food or TV show?
If you’re a blogger, will you be participating in this challenge? (I hope so!)
If you liked this post, please share it. Thank you!