It’s time for my 2019 Summer Blogging Challenge, and this year, it’s a blog hop too!
Somewhere along the line, this summer blogging challenge turned into an annual affair – woohoo!
It’s fun, and after all, we need a break from the serious topics so often covered.
Summer is the perfect time for a little break, am I right?
You can read last year’s challenge post and follow the links back to the previous years, if you’d like.
How many have participated over the years?
I have no idea. I tried keeping up and tried sharing other bloggers’ posts, but I’m sure I missed more than a few. Sorry.
That’s one reason why I decided to try a NEW twist this year – a summer blogging challenge that’s also a blog hop!
Yep. This will be a bit of an experiment for us all. (I hope I can pull this off.)
So, what is a blog hop?
As the name implies, it’s a chance for all who participate to hop around to other blogs and hopefully discover some new writers and maybe some new friends too. Supporting other bloggers/writers is important to me, and this is one more way I can do that.
After all, blogging is all about community and what better way to build community than by participating in my blogging challenge/blog hop this summer?
Some blog hops have a ton of rules, but not this one.
So, what do you have to do?
If you’re a blogger, write a blog post on YOUR blog in the next week or two or three (I haven’t yet decided how long this will go) answering the questions below. Come back after I post my responses next week (or within the specified time), and add YOUR post link to the list (there will be directions in next week’s post, so don’t worry, and they’ll be SUPER easy to follow). Then you’ll be in!
Add a photo or two to your blog post, if you want to, of course.
If all goes according to plan, your posts will be automatically linked on my post (next week’s), on your post and on everyone else’s too. Again, there will be directions next week.
One more thing, I decided to make this year’s challenge all-inclusive, so it is not limited to just cancer bloggers. ‘Cuz we cancer people are interested in many other things besides cancer. In fact, sometimes we NEED to read about other stuff, am I right?
So yeah, any blogger, any niche, is invited to participate. The more the merrier.
And, of course, we would never leave out our dear blog readers!
If you’re a reader of blogs (and not just of mine) you are invited to hop around to blogs too. Pick a question or two and share your responses with comments here and there. We would love to hear from you all too!
2019 Blog Hop Challenge Questions
1. Who are you? If applicable, share anything you want about your cancer (type, stage, when diagnosed, whatever.) Share something about yourself such as where you live, the name of your blog and it’s “mission”, a challenge you have faced or are facing now, or whatever you want.
2. Have you ever participated in a blog hop before?
3. What’s your favorite sort of blog post to write and/or read – personal story, informational, how to, controversial, political, opinion, rant or other?
4. Describe yourself in three words. Yes, just three!
5. Name three of your favorite books from your youth (whatever age that means to you.) that had an impact on you.
6. What are you reading right now, or what’s on your to-read list for when you have time?
7. What’s your favorite dessert of all time?
8. Tell us about a special pet you have, had, or would like to have. (Never wanted a pet, that’s okay too.)
9. What’s something people don’t know about you and might be surprised to learn?
10. Do you believe healthcare is a privilege or a right?
11. What’s your favorite thing about blogging and/or reading blogs?
12. What’s something you really suck at?
13. What’s something you’re pretty good at?
14. How do you escape from cancer (or life in general) worries?
Spread the Word!
Tell your friends and fellow bloggers about this year’s challenge! Share a link to this post on social media, so as many as possible (who want to) can participate!
Looking forward to reading everyone’s responses! If you have questions, let me know, and I will try to clarify.
P.S. I hope this sounds like fun rather than a have-to-do homework assignment!
Note: This challenge is for stand-alone bloggers only. No companies, no selling, no promoting of products. Such links will be removed.
To get more articles like this one delivered weekly to your inbox in 2020, Click Here! #KeepingItReal #SupportYouCanUse
Do you plan to participate?
Do you have any questions?