In this post, I wanna get right to the point. Okay, points. And I want to be succinct, which means I am making no commentary on any of the statements on the list below. Which is really hard for me.
(I did stick in a few links, though, in case you want to read more of my opining.)
This is not a complete list of what breast cancer is not, but it’ll do for a start. I wanna hear from YOU, so be sure to leave your list additions in the comment section at the end of this post.
I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here, but I’m thinking a list is sometimes handy for reference and sharing. So, here we go!
16 Things Breast Cancer Is Not!
1. Breast cancer is not pink, pretty or party-like. Period.
2. Breast cancer is not a pink ribbon.
3. Breast cancer is not the good cancer.
4. Breast cancer is not an opportunity to get a free boob job.
5. Breast cancer is not a gift. (Don’t get me started.)
6. Breast cancer is not an enlightenment program.
7. Breast cancer is not an opportunity for businesses to rake in extra bucks by selling pink crap or serving dumb-ass breast-shaped food items and/or pink beverages, or to do anything else solely intended to pad their bottom lines or boost their image.
8. Breast cancer is not something you “do” then shelve like a book never to be opened again.
9. Breast cancer does not make you brave, courageous, strong or fill in the blank.
10. Breast cancer does not morph you into a new and improved version of your former self.
11. Breast cancer is NOT a disease no one dies from anymore.
12. Breast cancer is not just a disease older women get.
13. Breast cancer is not just a female disease. Men can and sometimes do get it too.
14. Breast cancer is not a one-way ticket to wisdom or to understanding the meaning of life.
15. Breast cancer is not an excuse for others to objectify women or to trivialize this still too often deadly disease.
16. Breast cancer is not supposed to be what October is about.
Okay, now tell me what else needs to be on this list.
And then, pass it on!
To get more articles like this one delivered weekly to your inbox, Click Here! #KeepingItReal #SupportYouCanUse
What would YOU add to this list?
Which on the list above speaks most to you?